This from a Lizard reader who must stay anonymous.
(NOTE: The Laredo Lizard does not vouch for this reader or his story (assuming it is a “he”). But stories of mistreatment, bullying and corruption in supervisory positions at EVERY level of government are so rampant right now,we figured you might want to hear this one, too.)
• I am an employee at United ISD. I work for the Police department and I want to remain anonymous because I am afraid of losing my job.
• There is a political agenda to appoint a chief of police from within the department. If people only knew of the issues, everyone would be concerned.
• The Interim Chief Clemente Camarillo allows so much wrong doing at the Police Department and this is the person that is rumored to be appointed to be the permanent Chief of Police.
• Camarillo has had several brothers that work for him at the department. That is a conflict in itself.
• Several years ago one brother was made to resign because he was caught not showing up to work but yet getting paid. He now works for the Laredo Police department. Why was he not fired?
• Last year another brother was made to resign because he was also caught not coming into work but getting paid. He was even seen on video arriving at work in shorts and clocking in at the beginning of the shift and then coming back and clocking out at the end of his shift wearing shorts. He was a police officer, he should be in uniform. Right after he resigned he was hired by the Laredo ISD police department. Why was he not fired?
• There is a brother that works there now (Ricky Camarillo) that has been sued for excessive force and sued for a car wreck he was involved in.
• There is a rumor all around the police department that this same Camarillo brother/police officer beat up a student around Thanksgiving time. I am sure nothing happened to him he still works there, and there were witnesses and video. We have cameras in all the campuses. Why was he not fired?
• Everyone here knows these things happen and someone needs to do something about it.
• Camarillo has a lieutenant that is his right hand man. His name is Aaron Salazar. Salazar has a security license and has his hand in many different businesses that offer security work in Laredo and other cities. Look on the DPS website and you will see his name under Laredo, Texas under Private Security. He has some of the UISD employees working for him.
• Salazar works with some other UISD employees because they use his security license to get contracts. All that time and effort should be focused on better securing our students.
• Salazar and several others work all night 10 or 12 hours and then come straight to work at the school. How is that acceptable?
• Salazar would even come in right before lunch after working all night, instead of 8 am like he is supposed to. I am sure he was getting paid by the school from 8am. He sure would not stay late to make up his time. Salazar would come in late and then take Camarillo to lunch. I guess that was part of the deal.
• Salazar even has an employee as a security guard and it is his father. His father works directly under his Son (Salazar).
• Salazar has an office next to Camarillo, how could Camarillo let this happen? Must be turning a blind eye!
• All you have to do is ask the security companies they worked for to let you see the timesheets. They worked all night doing security and then come to work at the school. How is that safe?
• These are some of the concerns that are very disappointing.
• I hope someone looks into this and keeps this from getting worse.
• We don’t need these bad politics in a police department that takes care of all these students and teachers.
• We need change, there are several people that are taken care of by Camarillo and this is the same way it used to be 6 years ago when Dennis Garcia was the Chief. We had the same problems with Garcia.
• Garcia was fired for the same reasons. People were double dipping and political favors were done all the time.
• Camarillo was a Captain for Garcia back then, he is the same product.
Juan LazcanoFebruary 17, 2014 at 5:18pm
Don’t be hating put your name who ever is the hater they’re doing a good job anyways ur just hating. Wtf